|Question || |
What is the best bitrate to use for encoding Pixbend movies ?
|Answer || |
There is no ideal bitrate for encoding Pixbend video.
Bitrate to choose depends on many things, including:
- the file size and the resulting quality you are targeting,
- the number of frames per second,
- the resolution of the image,
- the average level of detail of the image,
- the average level of motion of the movie...
As an example, here are some typical bitrate ranges to achieve perceptually lossless encoding results:
DVD-like (NTSC/PAL) : 2.5 to 3.5 Mbps
HD 720 (1280x720) : 3.5 to 6 Mbps
Full HD (1920x1080) : 6 to 10 Mbps